Sunday, September 9, 2012

Brown's Bruise

Owie! That's a beaut.

Barbie and I needed to do a long ride and we always love it when Brown comes along because she is always saying things that are very funny and she tempers Barbie and me when we start pushing the pace. On a long ride we don’t need speed we just need to do the miles. Brown pulls us back thus the ride is always more enjoyable.

We were probably 28 miles into our 50 mile ride and had stopped for a short respite (remember, Brown can’t drink and ride at the same time...we’re working on it). I don’t remember what the conversation was but Brown got twisted up and off balance on her bike with one foot clipped in. Before we could even begin to help her she started falling. It was one of those slow motion falls where you don’t know whether to get out of the way for fear she will take you down with her OR try and help her stay upright. I got out of the way! Barbie was not in her path so she just watched in wonder. I’m sorry, I knew I couldn’t help her and let’s be honest, save yourself! 

Here’s the crazy thing while the bike did go down, Brown DID NOT. She started hopping on one foot and shouting OH, OH, OH and before we knew it she had cleared the bike and was standing a few feet from it. If she had thrown her hands up like a gymnast nailing her dismount we surely would have gone down too, next time maybe. 

We started laughing so hard I almost fell over too. Tears rolling down all of our faces. It was just what we need to finish the last 22 miles which were all uphill, mind you!


This was literally two seconds before the fall. 
Look how happy Brown (right) is.

The next day at work Brown calls me to tell me about the bruise on her posterior and how it smarts like nobodies business. I ran right up to her office to lay eyes on the said bruise and couldn’t believe my eyes so I took a picture to share.  

Blonde



1 comment: