Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hoarding


I’m not sure if this really is a Biking Bettys worthy blog but it has tickled me and thought I’d share.

As you know, Bro and I ride quite often and use at least 2 water bottles a ride times 2 rides a week which is 4 bottles times 2 for each of us equaling about 8 bottles per week which, hello, is a lot of bottles.

So I am getting ready for a ride and find myself scrounging for water bottles. Where are all of the bottles disappearing…knowing full well they are rolling around in the back seat of Bro’s car with mold and mildew growing in them.

Ahhhh!

So, here comes my son getting ready for lacrosse practice looking for a water bottle which he can’t find either because there are none except for some random lids that don’t fit anything. I’m watching him come up empty handed from the water bottle drawer and I’m ready for him to ask me what to do when he says, oh, I have some bottles in my lacrosse bag I should get out. The next thing I know he starts dumping armfuls of bottles in the sink and I can’t believe my eyes!
There were 11 water bottles in his bag!

Our water bottles have been in an equipment bag with stinky pads, gloves, pinnies and cleats. They don’t just stink; they reek of something more reminiscent of cat pee pee.

They have been disinfected, I hope, because we are using them like they are brand new. Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment